Illustration Friday - Deja Vu

Yes, this really is a deja vu,  a story I wrote a looong time ago. I recently rewrote it, changed the ethnicity of the characters to make it less Eurocentric, cut about 200 words, generally whipped this baby into shape. I KNOW it is a much better story now. ...getting ready to send it out into the world... again.
Wish us luck!
PS "One of a Kind Ayana!", about a mixed-race girl who has to make a 'heritage doll' for a school project, and how she comes to terms with her complicated ancestry.  The illustration is her 'nightmare' , when Ayana is overwhelmed by it all.

Comments

  1. Yay! Best wishes as you send your story out into the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. This very week the topic for several twitter lit chats is "diversity" in literature. I was following #kidlitchat on that theme when I noticed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's great! I would have loved this book when I was a little girl, unfortunately there was nothing like it! Great topic, illustration and concept. The world is ready for it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, folks, for your encouraging comments!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year!

Transitions... and What's Going On?