Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

First day of kindergarten for that little guy on the right.


 First day of senior year. 

Ok, I admit I can't look at these without tears running down my face. This will be a year of many 'lasts'. We went to our last Back-to-School Night as parents the other night. (Not that I will hugely miss those, but I do like to see what other teachers are doing.)
The end of an era... and yet also the beginning of other things. Like an empty house, often. Time.
And a full fridge.
Change....inevitable,
but it still makes me cry.

3 comments:

  1. I saw Arthur Pengrath today. A senior, same class of mine as William. It drives home the fact that the years are passing by far more rapidly than I ever thought possible. Give him a hug for me.

    Phoebe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phoebe,
    OMG, Arthur?! What's he up to? I've worried about that kid for years!

    ReplyDelete