Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Where Does Inspiration Come From?

I never know when it will strike. Flipping through the September Elle Decor, paintings on a wall in a house in Texas. One painting stood out.
Yes, this one. For some reason, its graphic quality called to me.  An idea came, so I followed. Sketching quickly I could see them all in a row.
She wasn't quite what I had in mind, but I continued on.
 A series of these earth maidens have bubbled up out of me. From that one painting on the wall. Really, is that where inspiration comes from? 

2 comments:

  1. I love to see where other people find there inspiration... I believe that inspiration is everywhere!

    I look forward to seeing the whole series...

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristin,
    I'll post them as they come.

    ReplyDelete