For Queen Elizabeth

I painted this little corgi in a cup last week, but have been so busy with the last week of school, and my son's graduation, I haven't had a moment to scan it... here it is! Gotta love those corgis!
I'll copy Kristin's idea and list my favorite things about England (I've been there twice): strong black tea, the beautiful gardens and oh so old houses, estates, castles, knitting!, embroidery!, the Victoria & Albert museum, the Tate Modern, really great music from all genres, cheap theater tickets (Shakespeare!), gorgeous chocolates at Fortnum & Mason, really good cheese. And some of my favorite children's books: Winnie the Pooh, the Beatrix Potter books, Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, the Harry Potter series.  I'm sure I could go on and on...What are yours?

Comments

  1. I've never been to England, and know it only through classical literature, but your list of English things makes me wish so badly that I could go experience it for myself....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts