Monday, October 8, 2012

Let's Go Shopping!


I am not a big shopper. I like to get in and out and be done.
However, there are some stores I do like to browse in:
Bookstores,  farmer's markets, shoe stores, plant nurseries, and any kind of art supply stores: fabric, yarn, 'notions', old-fashioned hardware stores. Anthropologie, for the colors, the patterns, clever displays!  (but way too expensive).

But my favorite is the once a year White Elephant Sale sponsored by the Oakland Museum, so big it has departments: clothing, shoes, art, housewares, furniture, books. A great big treasure hunt, all during the month of February. I usually go 3 or 4 times.

Where do you like to shop? 

 To counter all the materialism above, here's a film that looks great: 
 


And this miniseries on PBS, started last week. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out. We were on the edge of our seats, alternately laughing or in tears last night. 



1 comment:

  1. As an older art collector since my wife passed away, I must admit to being very partial to collecting nudes in art, as original paintings or as good prints, that I have displayed all over the house. (I like to see the surprised faces of my new visitors).
    This one,
    http://en.wahooart.com/A55A04/w.nsf/OPRA/BRUE-8LHTDD, by Emile Munier, is hanging in one corner of my bedroom and was printed by wahooart.com, where I am a very good customer.

    ReplyDelete