Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you, dear readers. How was your 2012?


 Mine was really pretty good, now that I look back on it. Highlights:

- Had 2 exhibits of my work.
-Hosted an art sale in our garden. We had so much fun, it may become an annual event.
-Set up a family etsy shop. We actually sold a few things, too.
-Made more money from my artwork than ever before!


-Finished grad school: I now have 5 picture book biographies I am excited to send out into the world in 2013.

-Helped our boy finish high school and go off to college. Sent him across the country. He thrived. We survived. 

-Celebrated our daughter's 21st birthday, and watched her grow into an amazing filmmaker.
-Moved into a beautiful new art studio where I teach. Trying to remember where we've put everything.

-Saw lots of art at galleries, Art Murmur, museums.  
-Traveled: New York, Rhode Island, Oregon, Cazadero, Half Moon Bay, the Sierras of California.
-Turned 50! Celebrated with friends near and far.


-Bought a new computer. This is so much more intense than it sounds. Eventually, I got it all working....by myself. I am quite proud of that.



 -Kept up the blog. It's been visited 23,477 times. Wow! My posts about women artists have been the most popular, with Rosa Bonheur leading the pack. Expect more in 2013.


Happy New Year to you all! 
May 2013 be a year full of good friends, 
good food and great fun!

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too, and I'm so glad to read a summary of the awesome things you accomplished last year. I should make a list too. I have a vague idea, but a list will help me focus and remember. I love your artwork and posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie, for being a reader. You keep me going! It was really good for me to go through my calendar and photos to remind me of what I'd done this past year. Until I wrote it down, I really had no idea so much good stuff happened! Try it, you might be surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Kieren. I can't wait to hear about your children's books about women artists. When Julia was little, we read many books like that together - in particular Georgia O and Frida K. I think it still has an influence over her (even if she says it doesn't).
    My best,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your comment Kristin! Yay for women artists, so many interesting life stories and wonderful art. I'm excited to get them out into the world!
    ps read your post today... just ordered my son more long underwear to take back to RISD this weekend.;-)

    ReplyDelete