Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

A beautiful sunny sunday , and we decided to trek to the Alameda Point Antiques Fair. It's the first sunday of every month, out on the old navy base runway in Alameda, CA. Yes, on the airplane runway, which is right on the bay and has an amazing view of SF. There was a lot to see...

 Someone had taken old wood strips, and made them into a 'painting', above. Kinda cool...

 Lots of old stuff, painted bright colors... hmm, maybe not.

 Symbols that light up? No thanks.

 Pillows and upholstery made from old linens... I like the look, but scratchy, and very expensive...


Some rusty barbed wire, or an old rocking horse? Honestly, I don't know what people will do with some of this stuff. After a while I can't decide what is a great deal and what is awful. The prices have definitely gone up since the last time I was here.

 How about a child-sized mannequin?

 This old trunk was the one thing I saw that I really liked,  I don't know if was a real or fake antique, but I loved the painting on it.

It's always good to have two heads when making these big purchasing decisions!
All we bought was a pretzel, but we had fun looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment