Inspiration: Melissa Sweet

Weekend before last I got to meet one of my favorite illustrators at SF Illustrator Day.
Melissa Sweet.
And she is.
 I love her collage work... just gorgeous!

 This book, A River of Words, is one of my favorites.

One of her most recent, Balloons Over Broadway, tells of Tony Sarg, the puppeteer
who created the Macy's Thanksgiving parade balloons. The book, which debuted last year,  was a Caldecott Honor book.
Thank you Melissa! 
You are such an inspiration to me.
check out her charming website: www.melissasweet.net

Comments

  1. I too am a Melissa Sweet fan. So nice to see a photo of her. Always wondered what she looked like. We have a bunch of her books. Just gorgeous work! Thx for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristin. If you ever get a chance to see her in person, she is a delight, a wonderful speaker. Her presentation was like her books; colorful, lively, beautifully designed and incredibly well-prepared, and made us all laugh! She lives in Maine, so you might have a chance some day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts